Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Moose On The Loose






So I was getting Mikey out of the tub this morning when I heard a lot of noise coming from the street. I looked out the window and saw half a dozen cop cars, news crews, and a big trailer. My first thought was, okay what is my crazy neighbor up to know? When we went outside this is what I saw.

If you look at the pictures, you can see our front yard, For Sale sign, & part of our garage in the background. They tranquilized the moose but had to tackle him to the ground in the street. We came out right as they were loading him into the trailer. I thought they would ask me to keep my distance, but the cops were all very sweet & kept making room for us to get closer so Michael could have a better view. We came within 4-5 feet of the moose. It was funny to see all the cops climbing in to take pictures with it. Afterward I was thinking how dumb it was not to have grabbed my camera or at least my phone to take picture with. KSL news was there though so that's how I got these pics. Mikey didn't understand what was going on, but when we went inside he pointed outside and said "woo-woo" which is how he barks for dogs so I think he thought it was a really large dog. The other funny thing is when we were over at our neighbors house the other night Johnn thought he saw moose tracks on their driveway & I just told him he was crazy.

4 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny. I saw that on the news last night. How cool that it was in your yard, LOL! I love that the cops were all taking pictures with it... :)

The Morgan Clan said...

We saw that on the news last night. That's crazy.

Becky and Matt said...

That's so funny! I saw it on the news too. I can't believe it was in your neighborhood! That's crazy!

The Kemps said...

Holy...moose! I hope they got a close up of your "for sale" sign on the news, I bet that would bring in lots of calls. Seriously, that's crazy!