Thursday, June 3, 2010

The new sandbox

Michael loves sandboxes, so I mentioned to Johnn one night that we should make a sandbox in our backyard. The next night when I got home from work, Johnn was out building this great sandbox. It's so great being married to such a handyman. Michael loves his "box" & has spent many hours in it the last couple months (shows I'm a little behind blogging, as usual).
The sandbox is 4 x 8 feet. I can easily fit in it... with the lid closed that would be a little scary, and way too much like being in a coffin. No thanks. But, I told Johnn not to be surprised when it gets hot this summer to see me out there laying out in the sandbox with my beach towel & a pina colada in my hand. I might need to go by a coconut cup & a little umbrella to go in it to complete the scene. But this is Utah, it's about as close to a beach as I'm gonna get.

1 comment:

Amber H. said...

To make it even more authentic, you'll need to set a sprinkler head to mist your feet every so often, to stimulate the spray of the ocean water lapping up on shore....