Thursday, June 3, 2010

How can you go to Lake Powell & not ski?

So, yes, I went to Lake Powell and didn't even water ski. I know what you are thinking, it's almost sacrilegious. It's the first time that I've been there, when I wasn't preggers, that I didn't ski.

It really is my own dang fault for not skiing at the first of the trip. The first day is always crazy with finding a spot, securing the houseboat, & getting settled. Who cares that the water was choppy & really cold? I do. That's why I didn't go. I've been a little spoiled with great water. What can I say, I like my glass. Okay, so the water was also extra cold this trip, but I've skied in Lake Mead in March so I should be able to handle just about anything. (I wouldn't recommend that btw). I think I am getting wussier in my old age. I don't like to be cold.

So, then the fun begins. One kid starts throwing up, then as soon as you know it another & another are joining in the misery. That's right, bring on the stomach flu. I tell you what, a houseboat really is not the ideal place to have a bunch of sick people. It's not like you can stay away from it as you are all in such close quarters. Not to mention, tiny houseboat bathrooms that people were constantly running for. TMI. By the end of the trip, most of us had suffered through it, or we're still suffering through it. It hit the babies worst of all, which was so sad.

We did, however, still manage to have a lot of fun together in between the sick parts. I made it out surfing and on the wave runners a few times, but no skiing.

I snapped a few pictures on he wave runners the last day, but when I got home I realized that I really didn't take pictures this trip. I only took two pictures of Mikey the whole time & neither turned out well. I failed as a Mom. I'll have to take a lot when we go again in August to make up for it.

Yes, I really am wearing my Uggs out on the wave runner. Make fun all you like. I did pass some fishermen who looked at me like I was crazy. But let me tell you something about Lake Powell in May. It is COLD! It was so much more enjoyable with warm feet & I managed to keep them mostly dry.

Johnn cruisin' Face Canyon



2 comments:

The Morgan Clan said...

Oh that is awful! The stomach flu is bad enough without it being in Lake Powell on a houseboat full of people.

Becky and Matt said...

It was a crazy but fun trip!