Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Super 90 Year Old Grandma

Tomorrow is my dear Grammy's 90th birthday. Talk about an amazing woman who has lived an amazing life. She is the youngest 90 year old that I have ever know. She is so sharp and definitely knows what she likes... and what she does not like, and isn't afraid to tell you exactly that. I am so lucky to get to work with her. We do the books together for my Dad's office and always have a great time. She loves numbers, chocolate, and naming all of her grandkids (little family joke).
We all got together and threw her a little party last night. It was so fun to see my cousins that I rarely see and to watch some old family videos of when my Dad was just a little boy & of my grandparents BBQing in the sweetest fifties attire. Miss you dearly Papa Hack.

The Miller cousins with the birthday girl.

At the end of our Happy Birthday song she stopped us all and said, " none of you can say 'and many more'". It's her party so we obayed, but I hope that there are many more birthdays to come.

Grammy with her four boys.

She let the great-grand kids help her blow out the candles. Just a little side note, look how cute little Ellie looks (far right) with her new haircut. She decided to cute it herself the day before so it's a good thing we have a hair stylist in the family.

3 comments:

Ames Family said...

Your grandma is so cute! I love all your new posts. I think I need to take my kids to This Is The Place Monument, looks like they would totally dig it. Where the heck did you move to?! I have been meaning to call you. Let's catch up. Love you girl.

Becky and Matt said...

That's so neat that she's 90! I hope I'm doing that well when I'm her age!

amy and josh said...

That's awesome! She looks adorable!