Friday, January 16, 2009

The Michael Update


Michael is 15 months now a weighs 25 lbs. We have been a little worried about his little bowed legs, but we got x-rays done yesterday and the growth plates look fine so he should grow out of it within the next 6 months or so. If his legs don't straighten up by the time he's two, however, then we start worrying again, but for now it's a huge weight off my shoulders.

Also, Michael is just barely cutting his first two teeth at 15 months! Johnn kept saying that Michael was going to be the first baby with dentures, so we are glad that he does in fact have some teeth hiding in there. I've heard around that if they get teeth later when they are little that they usually have healthier teeth later in life. I am hoping that it is true. Maybe he has a future as a teeth model. I'm just happy that it will be easier for him to eat more grown up foods. Right now he can gnaw on a piece of apple for over an hour and it still won't be more that half gone.

4 comments:

Amber H. said...

I'm so glad the little man is fine! And I'm willing to bet he's probably alot less cranky than Ruthie is at the moment cutting her teeth. He's a happy and healthy guy and that's all that matters.

Becky and Matt said...

Yea! I'm so glad his doctor's apt. went well. He is so cute in that picture. He now out weighs Taylor. I wish I knew how to help him gain some weight!

Becky said...

Glad to hear that all is OK with Mikey's legs for now. I can't imagine the worry you msut have had. And, I can't BELIEVE he didn't have any teeth until just recently! Tyler alrady has 6 teeth and he's only months old. Mikey sure is a handsome kid.

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

Mikey is so adorable!! I can't believe he's 15 months already ... wow! I'd love to see you guys, we'll call next time we're in SLC.